BERLIN-- TomTom (TOM2) today launches the all-new TomTom Spark GPS Fitness Watch with integrated music player, making it easier for fitness enthusiasts to boost their training. Now users no longer have to strap a phone to their arm or worry about wires getting in the way during their workout. TomTom Spark gives them everything they need in one easy-to-use device on their wrist.
3GB of music storage on the TomTom Spark means users can now leave their smartphone at home while listening to over 500 songs* directly from their watch. The fitness watch streams music to a wide range of Bluetooth® headphones, and comes preloaded with Running Trax, a bespoke thirty minute mix of motivating, high energy, upbeat dance anthems from some of the world’s best DJs, curated by Ministry of Sound. Playlists can also be easily downloaded to TomTom Spark from iTunes or Windows Media® Player.
“We know that music plays an important role when it comes to motivating and improving sports performance, but relying on a smartphone is all too often an uncomfortable experience,” says Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director, TomTom. “The unique combination of an integrated music player, built-in heart rate monitor, 24/7 activity tracking, multi-sport modes and GPS in TomTom Spark makes it easier than ever to track progress, improve overall fitness levels and ultimately get more from your workout”
Steps, active minutes, distance, calories burned and sleep duration are tracked by the 24/7 activity tracking feature in the TomTom Spark. Users can set and track daily and weekly goals and follow progress on their watch or via the TomTom MySports app.
The built-in heart rate monitor accurately tracks heart rate, without the need for a chest strap. The multi-sport mode means that users can track all of their indoor and outdoor sporting activity including running, cycling, swimming, treadmill and gym workouts.
TomTom Spark also includes highly accurate GPS tracking to provide real-time information including time, distance, speed and pace.
Users can upload their stats via the MySports app and review their stats wirelessly on multiple platforms including TomTom MySports, RunKeeper, Nike+ and more.
The TomTom Spark Fitness GPS Watch range will include the following models:
- TomTom Spark GPS Fitness Watch
- TomTom Spark Cardio GPS Fitness Watch
- TomTom Spark Music GPS Fitness Watch
- TomTom Spark Cardio + Music GPS Fitness Watch
- TomTom Spark Music GPS Fitness Watch + Bluetooth® Headphones
- TomTom Spark Cardio + Music GPS Fitness Watch + Bluetooth® Headphones
More information can be found here www.tomtom.com/fitness
Additional features available in TomTom Spark GPS Fitness Watch include:
- Automatic Sleep Tracking
- Multi-Sport Modes include run, treadmill, indoor and outdoor cycle, swim, gym and freestyle. Gym and freestyle modes are to track other indoors and outdoors sports activities e.g. skiing or spinning.
- Heart Rate Training Zones
- GPS Tracking
- Smartphone Notifications**
- Perfect Fit & Customisable Straps
- Preloaded Music
- Audio Performance Feedback
- Wireless Syncing
- Water Resistant up to 40m/5ATM***
- Indoor Training Mode
- Race Mode
- Interval Training
- Continuous Heart Rate Tracking**
**Available via update by the end of 2015.
***Environmental factors may impact use under water, for more information please refer to the manual on tomtom.com
- The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by TomTom is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
- iTunes is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Windows Media and Windows Media Player are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries
At TomTom (TOM2) our mission is to make technology so easy to use, that everyone can achieve more.
We created easy to use navigation devices, helping millions of people to get where they want to be. Today, we continue to simplify the complex, making technology more accessible for everyone.
We serve four different markets: Consumer, Telematics, Automotive and Licensing.
We make easy to use navigation devices, sport watches and action cameras for consumers. We enable businesses with vehicles to more easily manage and improve fleet efficiency whilst increasing overall business performance with our Telematics solutions. We also offer a world leading real-time map platform that is powering innovative location based services and helping to make automated driving a reality for the automotive industry.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have over 4,200 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 46 countries.
TomTom Global Press Office:
Rosie Bannister / Global Director Communications / firstname.lastname@example.org
North America Press Office:
Karen CK Drake / Communications Director / Karen.email@example.com
Bisera Grubesic / +31 (0)20 757 5194 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Source TomTom through BUSINESS WIRE by press release ©