Fitmoo has spent the last two years creating a next-generation social network for fitness that is inclusive of a customized selling and shopping experience for every user. Integrated with channels like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Google, anyone can create a Fitmoo login by visiting www.Fitmoo.com or by downloading the Fitmoo mobile app on the AppStore or GooglePlay. Merchants can also apply to sell on Fitmoo by going to about.fitmoo.com/brands.
“Built on top of a social framework, Fitmoo is an entirely new distribution concept coined ‘social distribution.’ Using Fitmoo’s proprietary ‘endorsement’ feature, influencers have an opportunity to turn their followings into a business,” said Jeff Dyment, founder and CEO of Fitmoo. Along with shopping, selling, and getting compensated for referrals on Fitmoo, users can socialize, search and discover people, gyms and brands, create and join groups and document their fitness journey. “Fitmoo aggregates the fragmented fitness community into a one-stop-shop for everything fitness.”
Dyment notes that the existing model for distribution of goods and services is inefficient, resulting in unsold inventory, unnecessary expense and limited exposure to new customers. Examples of ineffective distribution are the estimated $5.8 billion left on the table annually from unsold spots in fitness classes, the estimated $7.3 billion spent on wholesale distribution of fitness apparel, gear and products, and the $19.66 billion turned over every year of gym memberships. Democratizing distribution through social networks, Fitmoo provides a solution for merchandise to get distributed to a global audience of active lifestyle participants who evangelize and socialize what they love, including gear, apparel and nutrition products. Fitmoo evens the playing field for smaller brands, gym operators and event managers who typically have limited capital resources, by offering a low-/no-cost means to distribute product.
For the first time, fitness brands can now distribute through their most loyal customers while social influencers can engage and activate their networks in new ways, all while creating a real revenue stream for themselves. The larger their network, the more they can earn.
This phase-one launch follows five months of beta testing and is the next-generation social networking, shopping, distributing and selling, all for the fitness industry.
- It enables active lifestyle consumers to…
- Socialize and interact; create groups; join existing groups; and post pictures, videos and other content to share with their friends on their free social feed.
- Discover new products, gear, classes and events.
- Connect with new like-minded friends they find in groups, online gym communities, or events on Fitmoo.
- Communicate with their favorite trainers and peers; purchase classes, sessions, apparel accessories, gadgets and equipment.
- Shop by athlete where they can purchase the brands, gear and nutrition products that these influencers use most.
- Connect, socialize and make money by endorsing the products they love most, and earn commission on anything that sells through their personal social channels.
- Earn consistent dollar-based distribution fees for whatever they distribute, credited directly to their accounts on Fitmoo, redeemable anytime with one click, directly to their bank account.
- Link Instagram accounts to share their entire Instagram feed, or select Instagram posts.
- Link their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Customize their fitness calendar and record their fitness journey by posting, blogging, connecting and journaling their fitness lives.
- Create groups and build a following.
- Brands, merchants and service providers to…
- Naturally enlist fitness influencers, followers and brand fans to endorse and sell their products.
- Distribute at a much lower cost when compared to traditional wholesale distribution (10 percent to 15 percent versus 50 percent or more.)
- Have complete control over the pricing of their products, shipping cost charges and other product attributes, with dynamic pricing controls.
- Free listing of an unlimited number of products and services on their storefronts on Fitmoo, with inclusion of all items in the Fit Store, a central point for shopping for all things fitness.
- Athletes, fitness instructors and gyms to …
- Enjoy a low-cost, turnkey solution to socialize and interact with their fans or customers, build sticky communities, expanding their visibility and make more money.
One of the early adopter groups to embrace Fitmoo has been the CrossFit community, which is ideally suited for the Fitmoo technology platform. “In CrossFit, the top athletes are training up to eight hours a day while working a full-time a job,” said Rob Orlando, a former professional CrossFit athlete turned entrepreneur in the sport. “Only one or two athletes are able to sustain themselves through sponsorships, and most of these athletes have highly engaged social communities. Fitmoo puts athletes and brands in a position to leverage that engagement. It’s an absolute game-changer for athletes, gyms and brands.”
Orlando, who is now a brand and gym owner, also notes that for new CrossFit affiliates, Fitmoo eliminates the need to invest in an online store and in maintaining multiple social media channels. He anticipates that athletes and brands in endurance and outdoor sports that face similar challenges will be quick to follow suit.
Fitmoo plans to roll out added features and services in phases, including discount codes, custom commission structures, class and event registration, workout tabs, universal membership options, check-ins and even fitness dating.
Fitmoo, Inc., was founded in 2013 to organize, socialize and monetize the fitness industry. Based in New York City, Fitmoo is the first completely agnostic social commerce platform that enables brands, athletes, influencers, gym owners and active individuals to connect online, create and join groups, as well as list, shop, sell and earn from socializing the things they love the most.
For more information, visit www.fitmoo.com. Or, discover and connect with Fitmoo on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Stephanie Forte, email@example.com c. 702.596.9866
Kristin Brocoff, firstname.lastname@example.org c. 949.400.4899Veronica Kawka, email@example.com o. 702.898.2547 c. 702.832.7368