May 11, 2015 - DEL MAR, Calif. -- Thousands of surfers will descend on the Del Mar Fairgrounds this weekend, May 16-17 for The Boardroom International Surfboard Show The show is a consumer focused surfboard industry tradeshow which features the top surfboard, wetsuit and hard-goods manufacturers.
Each year The Boardroom honors a legendary surfboard shaper in the Icons of Foam Shape-off Tribute presented by US Blanks -- this year honoree is San Diego’s own Rusty Preisendorfer.
Since 1969 Preisendorfer has been crafting precision surfboards for enthusiast surfers as well as world-class professionals such as Shaun Tomson, Mark ‘Occy’ Occhilupo, Peter ‘PT’ Townend, Dave Parmenter, Mike Parsons, Nic Vaughn and Josh Kerr -- to name a few.
“It’s so great to have so many artists, craftsmen, and innovators all under one roof for a weekend. I spend hours walking the show marveling at all the incredible work people are doing,” said Preisendorfer, The Boardroom 2015 honoree. “I love the Tribute Shape-off and Chunk of Foam Challenge. I always learn something. It’s always good talking story with all my friends in the business. I also enjoy meeting surfers who have a real passion for their equipment. The Boardroom is the show dedicated to just surfboards. I look forward to it every year.”
“We are humbled and extremely stoked to honor surfer, shaper, and artist Rusty Preisendorfer,”
Rusty joins the impressive list of Icons of Foam honorees Mike Diffenderfer, Bill Caster, John Bradbury, Dick Brewer, Renny Yater, Simon Anderson, Doug Haut, Carl Ekstrom, Mark Richards, Rich Price, Terry Martin and Ben Aipa.
The six shapers honoring “Rusty (http://www.rustysurfboards.com/
Additional events and exhibits include:
· - The Ultimate Craftsman Project presented by VISSLA featuring Gene Cooper, Roger Hinds, Travis Reynolds and Marc Andreini
· - Best In Show: Entropy Resins Marko Foam present Sustainable Surf Eco-Board
· - Antique Roadshow ‘style’ vintage surfboard appraisals by Randy Rarick, Dan Pincetich and Sam George – bring your classic boards!
· - Craftswomen of Surf Shaping exhibition presented by US Blanks featuring Christine Brailsford-Caro, Valerie Duprat, Whitney Lang, & Kelly Connolly
· - RevChem Composites glassing & laminating exhibitions
· - Futures Fins seminar “Find Your Ride Number”
· - Guitars and Surfing – A surfing luthiers exhibit featuring handcrafted guitars & ukuleles
· - Tom Morey exhibit presented by Surfing Heritage & Culture Center
· - Surfboard & wetsuit demo free with wristband Sunday, May 17, 6 a.m.-10 a.m. at 15th St., Del Mar
· - Great deals on custom and stock surfboards
$10 entry at door; u/15 free; first 200 patrons in the door Saturday/Sunday receive early bird raffle ticket to win a new surfboard.
The history of our lifestyle is the history of the surfboard. Nothing has defined the surfing experience more than that on which we ride the waves. Nothing defines the surfer more than his (or her) surfboard. So much more than a tool, the surfboard has become a philosophical icon, a sacred craft, a culturally pervasive symbol of freedom, adventure and enduring youth.
For more information visit www.boardroomshow.com
Source The Boardroom by press release ©
Contact: Brian Williams / 6199544276