Protect Our Winters Launches the POW Science Alliance
World Class Climate Scientists On Advisory Board
In a continuing effort to provide the most credible and updated climate information to the winter sports community, Protect Our Winters announced today that they have launched the “POW Science Alliance,” an advisory board of the most esteemed climate and snow scientists in the world, with expertise in snow hydrology, glaciology, sea level rise, mountain sustainability, and climate science communication.
The Science Alliance advisory board consists of:
- Dr, Jason Box, Professor, Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland
- Dr. Jennifer Francis, Research Professor, Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University
- Dr. Gregory Greenwood, Executive Director, Mountain Research Initiative (MRI)
- Dr. Thomas Painter, Scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory/California Institute of Technology
- Dr. Tad Pfeffer, Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Institute for Arctic and Alpine Research (INSTAAR), University of Colorado at Boulder
- Dr. David Robinson, Professor, Department of Geography, Rutgers University
- Dr. Kevin Trenberth, Distinguished senior scientist in the Climate Analysis Section at the National Center for Atmospheric Research.
- Dr. Jim White, Professor, Department of Geological Sciences and INSTAAR Director, University of Colorado.
“We’re truly honored. POW is a young organization, but these are some of the top climate and snow scientists in the world. Just like the world-class athletes on our Riders Alliance, we’ve now got the same on our Science Alliance, to move forward and rally a community that’s fully armed with the latest climate science,” said POW’s Executive Director, Chris Steinkamp.
For more information, visit http://www.protectourwinters.org.
Contact: Protect Our Winters /Chris Steinkamp, Executive Director / (303) 815-2057
More info: http://bit.ly/1srTy6d
Source Protect Our Winters ( POW ) by press release ©