Awards : Polartec Announces 2013 Polartec APEX Award Winners
Polartec, LLC announces the winners of its annual Polartec APEX Award, recognizing the finest Polartec-based products that will become available to consumers in 2013. A panel of judges selected the winners based on the style, function, workmanship, and fit of the garments as well as the most innovative and appropriate uses of Polartec fabrics in the designs.
Apparel brands from around the world submitted over one hundred garments this year. Judges selected 36 Polartec APEX winners ranging from lightweight next-to-skin layers for running and cycling, to breathable “puffy” products for active warmth using new Polartec® Alpha®, to fully waterproof garments that maintain high breathability with Polartec® NeoShell®. These winning garments are being recognized following close collaborative development with Polartec as an innovative solutions provider.
The winners are:
· 66°North Esja Hooded Power Shield Jacket – Polartec® Power Shield® High Loft
· 8848Altitude RB Jacket and Morpheus Pant – Polartec® NeoShell®
· Arc’teryx Konseal Hoody ¾ Zip – Polartec® Power Dry®
· Astis Erling Mitten – Polartec® Thermal Pro®
· Black Diamond CoEfficient Hoody – Polartec® Power Dry® High Efficiency™
· Cabela’s Women’s Polartec® Power Stretch® Baselayer
· Crazy Idea Half Blade Jacket and Half Blade Pant – Polartec® Alpha®
· Direct Alpine Revolution Jacket – Polartec® NeoShell®
· Dragonwear Briteline Jacket – Polartec® Thermal FR
· Easymain Light Weight, Water Repellant, Windproof, Breathable Jacket – Polartec® Alpha®
· Eddie Bauer Propellant Jacket – Polartec® Alpha®
· Finside Taru Jacket – Polartec® Thermal Pro®
· Flylow Lab Coat and Compound Pant – Polartec® NeoShell®
· Giro Neo Rain Jacket – Polartec® NeoShell®
· Kailas Cloud Jacket – Polartec® Thermal Pro®
· Kailas Great Wall Jacket – Polartec® Power Shield® Pro and Polartec® Power Stretch®
· Karpos Ardent Jacket – Polartec® Power Shield® High Loft
· Karrimor Boma NS Jacket – Polartec® NeoShell®
· Kroceus 1911029 Softshell Jacket – Polartec® Power Shield®
· Kroceus 13AOTM037 Waterproof Shell Jacket – Polartec® NeoShell®
· Mammut Eigerjoch Light and Biwak Light Jackets – Polartec® Alpha® and Power Stretch® Pro
· Marmot Isotherm Hoody – Polartec® Alpha®
· Millet Touring Xtrem Jacket – Polartec® Power Shield® High Loft
· Montane Alpha Guide Jacket – Polartec® Alpha®
· NFM Garm® Softshell Combat Shirt FR – Polartec® Power Dry® FR and Power Shield® FR
· Norrøna røldal warm1 Shirt – Polartec® Classic®
· Oakley BioZone Jacket – Polartec® Power Shield® Pro, Polartec® Wind Pro® and Polartec® Windbloc®
· Original Buff Kilby Sweatshirt – Polartec® Power Stretch®
· Patagonia Capilene 4 EW One-Piece Suit – Polartec® Power Dry® High Efficiency™
· Rossignol Phantom Neo Jacket and Phantom Neo Harness Pant – Polartec® NeoShell®
· Stio Basis Shirt – Polartec® Power Dry®
· Sugoi RSR Race Top and RSR Race Tight – Polartec® Power Stretch®
· Ternua Jannu Jacket – Polartec® Alpha® and Polartec® Power Stretch® Pro
· Ternua Kanjut Top – Polartec® Power Dry® High Efficiency™
· Teton Bros Tsurugi Jacket – Polartec® NeoShell®
· The North Face Radium HiLoft Hoodie – Polartec® Thermal Pro® High Loft and Polartec® Power Stretch®
“The Polartec APEX Award is all about recognizing excellence in innovation, function and design, and encouraging these types of collaboration with our team as Polartec continually expands the limits of what fabric can do,” says Allon Cohne, Polartec global marketing director.
This year is the 15th season of the Polartec APEX Awards, and to celebrate the brand, Polartec has developed a new campaign to celebrate the anniversary. Each winning partner brand will be honored with a Malden Trophy—the new Polartec APEX Award—at special award ceremonies in the Polartec booth at the OutDoor Friedrichshafen and Outdoor Retailer Summer Market shows July 11 and July 31, respectively. Winners receive sales support with custom hangtags and marketing materials, and cross-promotional support to generate awareness and ultimately drive sales of these standout products.
About Polartec, LLC
Polartec, LLC is the developer, manufacturer, and marketer of Polartec® performance fabrics. Since inventing modern synthetic fleece in 1981, the engineers at Polartec have continued to push the limits of fabric technology. Today, Polartec supplies the world with the most advanced fabric innovations. Polartec products range from advanced lightweight wicking fabric, to insulation and weather protection textiles and are utilized by leading apparel brands, the U.S. military and other global militaries, flame resistance and work wear markets. For more information, visit polartec.com.
Source Polartec through pres release
More news about Polartec ? Use the search engine at the right top.