25/11/2014

Nike Women Presents: Leticia Bufoni

 Nike©
Brasilian skateboarder Leticia Bufoni looks to take the world by storm, one tre flip at a time.

For Leticia Bufoni, skateboarding wasn’t love at first sight. Rather, it was love at first touch.

“The first time I touched the board, I was like, ‘Wow, I want to skate, I want to skate every day,’” the Brasil native says.

And skate every day she did, although it wasn’t always easy to find the time.
“Every day my dad went to work, I took my board and went to skate,” Bufoni says. “But I made sure to be back home before he returned because he didn’t like skating at all, mostly because I was skating with boys.”
While Bufoni’s persistence and dedication eventually convinced her father to let her skate, it was her victory in the first event she ever entered that convinced him she had talent.

This talent brought her to Southern California, the mecca of skateboarding. Since landing in the states in 2007, Bufoni’s career has taken off. She’s considered one of the leading faces of women’s skateboarding, and at 21 years of age, Bufoni is just getting started.

“I’m living my dream,” Bufoni says. “I’m skating every day. I’m traveling around the world and skating with friends I know from Brasil and the U.S. It’s just a dream.”

With the exception of the NTM x Jordan Sneaker Tight, the footwear and apparel featured on Bufoni are from the Nike Women’s Spring 2015 collection.

Product from this collection will be available in select retailers and on nike.com beginning in January.

The NTM x Jordan Sneaker Tight is available beginning Nov. 28.



Source Nike ©

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire